Thursday, January 31, 2008

Squidfest Countdown Day 3 No 2

Sheesh am I bad at math. Today was supposed to be countdown day three but really it has to be day two since there is only one more day left and then Squidfest is here. You would think that someone with a college education could figure that out, but my math skills are a bit fuzzy. If I balance my checkbook I go out to celebrate. I’m usually within a hundred dollars one way or the other and I keep a cushion of money in there so I don’t overdraw funds. I envy you people who can add and subtract. It seems like a simple thing, but let me tell you it’s a real talent. When I get in amongst too many numbers I glaze over and start hallucinating that I am deep in a swamp with a head full of glue.Anyway, where was I? Squidfest. Maybe the reason for all this rain is the impending entrance of the squid. Time for me to make the ultimate confession. I don’t eat squid. I’m vegetarian. I hope you will let that be our own private clean little secret. I’m in the Squidfest for the bingo and the initiation rites. We're almost there. I can hardly believe that tomorrow is really the end of the countdown, whatever day that is.

No comments: